May 12, 2020
5 Tactical Tips for Re-opening Strategies During COVID-19
As many lock-down policies and strategies start to slowly lift and open up, businesses are looking at re-opening their doors and starting to develop processes and operations around our new normal.
Here are 5 tactical tips to ensure that your customers understand your businesses operating processes during COVID-19.
- Ensure you have a Google My Business account set up (Google Maps) and that it has your updated hours. This is critical as many consumers use the map listing as their direct source of open vs closed information.
- Add a “post” to your Google My Business profile from your phone letting customers know you are open for business.
- Create a new “Post” or “Page” on your website to outline your new operating procedures and hours. Make sure customers can quickly access it when viewing your website’s home page.
- Post updates on all social media platforms (that you have accounts on) and ensure alongside your post you include a link to the post you created in step 3.
- If you have an email database or ability to email present, past, and potential customers make sure you send a thoughtful e-mail out that is focused on providing value. Keep in mind that consumers are going to be overwhelmed with more covid-19 re-opening information than they have been seeing recently and your e-mail may get lost in a SPAM folder. Make your subject stand out, and make sure you communicate safety measures and any additional value you are providing potential customers.